Family Violence Prevention Services: SafetyNet
Comprehensive and operating year-round, HomeSafe’s SafetyNet program provides immediate intervention and prevention services to victims of domestic violence and their children.
Through an array of intensive therapeutic and support services, crisis intervention, and individual and group therapy, SafetyNet helps victims take control of their lives to secure a safer, more productive future. The program also helps prevent future cases of domestic violence by working to break the cycle of abuse for future generations.
The SafetyNet staff have more than 100 years of combined experience helping victims of violence.
SafetyNet services, provided in both English and Spanish, include:
- Timely Crisis Intervention services
- Safety planning for adults, teens and children
- Lethality Assessment
- Comprehensive assessment of family needs
- Linkages with emergency shelters, victim relocation or other community resources
- Weekly Therapeutic support groups for adult victims, their teens (11-17) and young children (6-10).
- Weekly Spanish speaking support groups for the Latina population.
- Individual therapy (English/Spanish) for adult victims and their children/teens
- Therapeutic play sessions for young children traumatized by domestic abuse.
- Case Management for victims to assist with basic needs.
- Support and advocacy in dealing with the criminal justice system (Restraining Orders and other criminal justice-related matters)
- Assistance with Victims’ Compensation claims, Address Confidentiality and Relocation programs through the Office of the Attorney General.
- Collaboration with the State Attorney’s Office to ensure batterers are held accountable for their crimes
- ‘Certificates of Graduation’ available for court mandated victims
- Free childcare available for children during group sessions (0-5 years of age)
- Free meals for children prior to group sessions
- Free local transportation to group sessions (limited availability)
For additional help and support, our Resources for Getting Help is a great place to start.
Do you want to help change a life today?