Pond Place

Independent Living Housing Program for Those Aging Out of Foster Care

Our Independent Living Housing Program, HomeSafe at Pond Place, provides safe, affordable housing for those who have “aged out” of foster care. Oftentimes, many who “age out” are still in high school. Our program aims to keep them on the path to success.

Those in the program receive a monthly allowance from Extended Foster Care until they graduate high school. Once they graduate, they are then eligible for PESS stipends ($1,256 a month) as long as they are enrolled in a state or public college that is eligible with the Bright Futures program.

The Facility

Our 12-unit complex of one-bedroom apartments is walking distance to Palm Beach State College, grocery stores, bus lines and local businesses for job opportunities. The complex is also within two miles of our Lake Worth campus.

In return for an apartment, those accepted into the program make a low monthly contribution, which includes water, basic cable and internet access. Basic furnishings and kitchen set-up are included. Those in the program are responsible for electricity. Each month, a portion of the contribution is put into a savings account for future housing needs.


In order to remain in the program, clients must maintain their Post-secondary Education Services & Support (PESS) eligibility and follow the rules set by HomeSafe to be able to continue living in an apartment through this program. Clients can be between the ages of 18 and 23.

Program Statistics

  • A total of 15 clients were served by the program during fiscal year 2018-2019. All of the clients were enrolled in school. Ten were enrolled at Palm Beach State College and five attended local high schools.
  • Nine of the clients had a full-time or part-time job in addition to being a full-time student.
  • Four clients graduated high school and will be attending Palm Beach State College. One client graduated from Palm Beach State College and transferred to Florida Atlantic University to complete their bachelor’s degree.

Continued Support

A licensed Clinical Therapist, along with the Independent Living Program Supervisor, will work with clients on an individualized treatment plan. In addition, clients will receive guidance on financial literacy, employment connections and health care services.

For more information about the program and enrollment eligibility, Contact HomeSafe or Kehan Rahming, Program Supervisor, directly at (561) 383-9800 x1177 or KehanRahming@HelpHomeSafe.org




Child Looking at Water alone

Do you want to help change a life today?

Donate Now